Research Editor, ShanghaiSee detailHide detail
We are an independent investment research firm seeking a dedicated and dynamic candidate for a Research Editor role. The ideal person is curious and detail-oriented, with strong initiative and proven experience writing/editing business-related content. Analyst experience and knowledge of financial markets is a plus.
- Contributing to the report production process from thesis conception to publication, often under tight time constraints. This includes drafting and editing reports, Excel workbooks, dashboard graphics and charts through all stages of production.
- Collaborating closely with English-speaking Chinese analysts to refine their research theses, articulate their message and communicate key conclusions in both written and graphical form. This involves rewriting/restructuring draft research to refine messaging, checking sources and implementing house style.
- Co-ordinating product pipeline with an eye on quarterly earnings cycles; ensuring timely product distribution through a variety of online platforms.
- Developing products and editorial processes that add value for our investor clients and improve overall efficiency.
- Uploading and maintaining content on various channels such as Bloomberg Publisher, AWS and our WordPress portal.
Desired Skills & Experience
- Bachelor’s degree.
- Native English speaker.
- Two or more years of work experience in a related field – e.g. journalism, financial services, market research.
- Expert knowledge of English grammar, usage and punctuation. Familiarity with AP Style and American-English.
- Understanding of financial markets and China’s business environment.
- Familiarity with Chinese internet companies/platforms e.g. Tencent, Alibaba, Meituan, ByteDance and affiliates.
- An analytical mind, with the ability to evaluate and interpret data.
- Ability to work under pressure and meet tight deadlines.
- Strong teamwork, communication and interpersonal skills.
- Eagerness to learn and a high degree of initiative to see tasks through to completion.
- High proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite, especially Excel and Word
- Familiarity with platforms such as Infogram, MailChimp, AWS, WordPress and Tableau is a plus.
- Possessing a current work/residence permit in China is a plus.
Please send cover letter and resume to email@example.com.