Senior Director Institutional Sales, Hong KongSee detailHide detail
The Senior Sales Director focus will be new business and building a base of institutional accounts in Hong Kong and other key Asian financial centers. The candidate will have equity sales or fundamental research experience and be responsible for developing the assigned territory in support of the revenue goals for the company. This position will report to a firm Partner & Head of Institutional Sales. The Senior Director will manage and grow revenue driving new account growth in the territory by leveraging the value of Pacific Epoch’s products. Knowledge of China E-Commerce, China Core Internet, Consumer Discretionary and Transaction Data products a huge plus.
Pacific Epoch is a trusted source of China investment research for global institutional investors. By combining proprietary analytics with on-the-ground insights and analysis, Pacific Epoch provides clients with credible and actionable inputs.
- Build, manage and grow a new business sales pipeline in the assigned territory or named account list by the Head of Institutional Sales
- The position will carry a sales quota to be determined by the Head of Institutional Sales each year
- When new accounts become subscription clients, the Senior Sales Director will also be responsible for account management
- Support Team’s objectives to renew and grow revenue with our clients including account management and product engagement
- Meet account revenue growth targets
- Manage client requests for research and access to Analysts and Industry Leaders
- Build relationships with new accounts to foster engagement with PE’s products, leveraging the firm’s value-add to the client
- Develop strong product knowledge and act as a bridge between clients and analysts
- Additional responsibilities may be added from time to time
- 3+ years equity research or data-driven alternative research sales required
- Strong knowledge of Hong Kong Institutional Investor market is a must, including existing relationships with Hedge Funds, Family Offices, Long Only Managers & Mutual Funds
- Subscription Sales experience a plus
- Former positions that carried a Sales Quota a plus
- Strong English skills is a mandatory, Mandarin and Cantonese is a plus
- Bachelor’s degree required
- Strong Interest & Experience in Equity Markets with knowledge of China TMT, China Internet ADRs a big plus
- Self-motivated and ability to take ownership of all aspects of position
- Ability to work in a team, as well as individually
- Strong interpersonal, communication, negotiation and problem-solving skills a must
- Ability to work with executives of all levels
- Proficiency with MS Office; Salesforce and BigDough knowledge a plus
- Hong Kong work authorization required
- This will be a home-office based position in Hong Kong
Please send cover letter and resume to email@example.com. No phone calls please.
Senior Research Editor, ShanghaiSee detailHide detail
We are an independent investment research firm seeking a dedicated, experienced candidate for a Senior Editor role. The ideal person is curious and detail-oriented, with strong initiative and solid experience writing/editing business-related content. Analyst experience and knowledge of financial markets is a big plus.
- Managing the report production process from thesis conception to publication, often under tight time constraints. This includes editing reports, Excel workbooks, dashboard graphics and charts through all stages of production.
- Collaborating closely with English-speaking Chinese analysts to refine their research theses, articulate their message and communicate key conclusions in both written and graphical form. This involves rewriting/restructuring draft research to refine messaging, checking sources and implementing house style.
- Managing product pipeline with an eye on quarterly earnings cycles; ensuring timely product distribution through a variety of online platforms.
- Developing products and editorial processes that add value for our investor clients and improve overall efficiency.
- Bachelor’s degree, native English speaker.
- Three or more years of work experience in a related field – e.g. journalism, financial services, market research or academia.
- Strong teamwork and interpersonal skills; ability to guide junior colleagues in best practices, training, prioritization.
- Expert knowledge of English grammar, usage and punctuation. Familiarity with AP Style and American-English.
- An analytical mind, with the ability to evaluate and interpret data.
- Ability to work under pressure and meet tight deadlines
- Understanding of financial markets and China business environment
- High proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite, especially Excel and PowerPoint; familiarity with Adobe InDesign a plus.
- Familiarity with Chinese internet companies/platforms eg. WeChat, Weibo, Baidu.
- Mandarin language skills a plus.
Please send cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org. No phone calls please.